Tuesday, May 27, 2014

6 Weeks


Some tears were shed (of relief?), but all looks good!  I'm measuring 6 weeks and 1 day and the blueberry-sized baby's heart was beating away at 133 bpm.  The u/s tech saw the fetal pole and the yolk sac so, for now, things look good.  I thought I'd feel some relief, but I don't... I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to take a deep, relaxing breath during this pregnancy, but it is good news for now.

Thankfully, my doctor has been with us through L's loss and suggested that I come for weekly ultrasounds for my peace of mind.  I may decide I don't need quite so many, but I've scheduled them through the 4th of July so I can go if I want to.

Also, my adjusted due date is my husband's birthday.  Fingers crossed.

6 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so happy for you! This is great news! Though I completely understand your hesitation to get too excited. I'm living from scan to scan right now too. With our histories, we likely won't rest easy until these babies are in our arms. Praying hard your little one continues to grow healthy and strong. We're in this together hon. Week by week, step by step, we will get though it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right... there won't be any peace of mind until there is a live baby in our arms. In the meantime, I'm trying to be optimistic and to stay calm since I know there is nothing I can do. I can't say it is necessarily working, but I'm doing my best. Hugs to you, too - and congrats on ticking off another week in the first trimester! Here's to June passing quickly and uneventfully.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I am just starting on my IVF journey...looking at possible retrieval on Wednesday. Your blog gives me hope. Here's mine: http://megandewitt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan - thanks for commenting and good luck with your journey. I'm heading over to check out your blog now!

      Delete
  3. I am sorry I am a little behind in commenting!!! So glad your u/ s went well!! Positive thoughts to you!!! I know it is hard to relax & enjoy. I have had to take things day by day to remain sane!! Thinking of you and looking forward to following along!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, I think the "take things day by day" is great advice. I've been trying to just enjoy each day by doing things I love and *trying* (sometimes unsuccessfully) to not worry about what is out of my control. What else can we do, right?

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS