Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Supplements & Such

Since my DOR diagnosis in March 2013, I've spent a lot of time reading books, studies, and blogs and listening to advice from doctors and acupuncturists about which supplements and vitamins I should be taking, what lifestyle changes can be helpful, and what I can do to get ready for the best possible IVF round.  I know it is impossible to know what "works," but to the extent something isn't harmful, I'll try it.  I'd love to know what others take, what advice you've received, etc.

These are the supplements and vitamins I currently take:
  • Vitamin D 2,000 IU D2 (2/day)
  • Prenatal Vitamin (1/day) (Prena1 Plus)
  • Fish Oil EPA/DHA - 2,000 mg/day with food
  • COQ10 (300 mg, 2x day) - taken in the a.m. with protein (purchased from a compound pharmacy with a prescription)
  • Inositol (2 scoops, 2x day) - 4g day total
  • OPCs (1 capsule daily) (http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/grape-seed) 
  • DHEA - 75 mg (taken in 2 half doses and purchased from a compound pharmacy with a prescription)
  • Amazing Grass Green Super Food (650 mg x 5)
  • Amazing Grass Organic Wheat Grass (1000 mg x 5)
  • Life Extension PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone) (10 mg)
This book offers some guidance on supplements.  What else do you take?  Any recommendations? I know some folks take melatonin with the Inositol, but I can't take it because of my clotting issues.

I've also been going to acupuncture once each week, eating gluten-free and with limited sugar and no caffeine or alcohol, and exercising moderately but not aggressively training for things like I normally do (I'm a big runner and triathlete).

4 comments:

  1. I also take L-Arginine 1000mg 2x a day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been taking L-Arginine until I read "It Starts with the Egg" (http://www.amazon.com/It-Starts-Egg-Naturally-Miscarriage/dp/0991126904). In the book she writes that some follow up research on L-Arginine suggests it may actually decrease egg and embryo quality. For now, I've stopped taking it.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, how much of the Wheat Grass powder do you take per day? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS