Saturday, September 16, 2017

First Ultrasound


I had my first ultrasound last week at what I thought would be 7 weeks from ovulation.  It wasn't until 1 PM so the day was dominated by me feeling intensely anxious.  By the time I was waiting in the doctor's office, my heart was beating out of my chest and my blood pressure was really high.  Thankfully, this ultrasound was with my RE's office and pretty much every woman having an ultrasound there is terrified so she didn't waste any time.

I first saw the heartbeat, which made me breath a sigh of relief.  Baby measured 7 weeks and 2 days with a heartbeat of 148 bpm.  My RE said everything looked "great" and we'll check again at 9 weeks, at which point I would be related to my high-risk OB.

Disbelief is definitely a leading emotion I'm feeling and of course I'm hesitated to feel excited.  I'm allowing some room for hope but remaining cautious.  My college roommate is visiting this weekend and we were supposed to run a trail 1/2 marathon in the mountains, which I bowed out of at my doctor's orders.  I have felt utterly exhausted and nauseated, which I take as good signs.  K and I stayed the night in Salida, Colorado before our race.  It was my first night away from R&B since we left on our trip and it was actually incredibly relaxing and just what I needed.  Plus, the leaves are starting to change in the mountains and I was reminded of why I love living in Colorado so much.



So... that's the news for now.  Next u/s is September 28th.  Fingers (and legs) crossed.

6 comments:

  1. Glad it looks good so far! Hoping you are well taken care of and hoping for the best results as you approach each hurdle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see this and anxiously, hopefully, awaiting another great U/S!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. It's certainly thrown my running out the window, but I'll take it :) Next year!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad to read this. Here's hoping for continued good news.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS