Saturday, September 2, 2017

Beta Check

I finally called my RE and told the nurse about the positive pregnancy test.  I had two HCG blood tests last week - the first was 1339 (4 weeks, 2 days) and the second was 5346 (4 weeks, 5 days).  I originally wasn't scheduled to have a first ultrasound until 9 weeks, but I called and explained that after two early losses, my anxiety levels will be through the roof waiting that long.  So, I'll go in around 7 weeks for an ultrasound.  I took another test today for good measure, too:



I could call my normal OB and go in whenever I want to for an ultrasound, but I'm feeling superstitious and like I wouldn't mind doing things differently this time.  Rationally, I know it makes no difference whatsoever, but it feels better at this point to do things differently.  I've resumed Lovenox and definitely feel pregnant - tired, nauseated, bloated, and hormonal.  We are still operating as if nothing has changed around here, though - R and I haven't discussed it at all (literally, not at all - that probably sounds odd, but that's how we handle these things), I'm going to my workout classes, looking for a new job, etc.   

So, that is the Labor Day update from these parts.  It's so nice to be home and we feel more settled by the day.  This week we set up B's playroom and most of the unpacking is done.  She's in her big girl bed (although not sleeping through the night, which is taking its toll) and loves having her teepee set up in the playroom. Today we had an Olivia reading party, which included six Olivia books, plus her Olivia doll.  This morning she crawled into bed with us at 6 AM and just before 8 AM when she woke up, I was lying in bed just watching her sleep.  B looked peaceful and serene and just so beautiful.  Regardless of how this pregnancy turns out, I know I am incredibly lucky to have her in my life.


6 comments:

  1. Good for you for focusing on the positive (in your whole life!) I am glad the betas were good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great numbers! I know it is still early days and don't blame you for carrying on business as usual. Whatever helps you get through the days - just remember to be kind to yourself. And to cuddle that gorgeous girl as often as you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - we've been having extra snuggle time and lots of reading (I love that she'll sit on my lap even though she is getting so big).

      Delete
  3. I really hope the universe isn't a jackass this time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - well-said, Caroline. I feel the same way. Is it my turn to catch another break (B being the first)? I hope so.

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS