Sunday, March 4, 2018

32 Weeks

I'm typing this as I feel kicks in my stomach and occasionally can see my protruding belly rise and fall at random.  Is there a better feeling when pregnant?  Btw, this is me right now (please ignore the goofy expression) - hello, belly!



Time seems to be flying these days. Somehow the second trimester came and went and now I'm 5 weeks and a few days from delivery (c-section will be the week of April 9th).  My glucose test went fine and at the last ultrasound baby was growing well and looked perfect.  I see my OB again on Tuesday and from here on out I'll see her every week.

My urge to nest and prepare for this baby and generally to prep in every way possible for life to be turned upside down is strong.  I'm stocking the freezer with meals, slowly organizing areas of the house that need to be purged and straightened (I've tackled the pantry and the garage and the basement an B's playroom are next).  I haven't started to go through any baby stuff, but I feel like that is premature since I don't know whether we are having a girl or boy.  In any event, I'm finally thinking about a crib, asking friends to return items we lent, etc.  I have moments of doubt when I haven't felt the baby kick in awhile, but on the whole my anxiety has been kept in check and I'm allowing myself to enjoy being pregnant here and there.

I have noticed that I am definitely slowing down and I feel sad every time I have to say to B, "Sorry, but mama can't do X."  I'm trying to limit lifting/carrying her (she weighs 35 pounds), and sometimes I just do not have the energy to race around the park as much as I'd like to.  I want to savor these last few weeks of being able to give her my undivided attention, but my ever-expanding midsection is making that tricky.

R and I haven't spoken at all about names. Anyone have any great names or seen any good lists lately?  I'm feeling uninspired and don't love half the names that were on our list for B should this baby be a girl, so even with a girl I think we are back to square one.   During the second trimester, I felt strongly this baby is a girl, but I'm feeling now like it is a boy.  I'm excited for the surprise.

Truthfully, there isn't much to report here.  We went through a rough patch with B of not wanting to go to bed, waking multiple times, not listening, etc. (standard three-year-old behavior, I think), but I'm thrilled to say we have turned a corner and the last few weeks have been really good.  She asks me periodically about the baby and talks about things they will do together (bathe, run - apparently this baby will be walking immediately, craft) and I feel overwhelmed with emotion thinking about B having a living sibling.  I've found a few fun books about siblings - do any of you have any that you recommend (we are loving Maple and the others in this series, A Baby Sister for FrancesSprout Helps Out, Hello In There, and I ordered Angelina's Baby Sister this weekend)?

So, that's all from here.  I'm focusing on positivity and optimism and enjoying these last 5 weeks and am trying to not think about all of the things that could go wrong in between now and when I hold this baby in my arms.  If you want a good chuckle, check out these Realistic Birth Announcements from The New Yorker.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything is going well!
    And I'm sure you'll find a wonderful name, given that you found two special names before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me, too. And I appreciate your comment about the names. I do love Q and B's names... but we'll see!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad to see this and that the pregnancy continues to go well! You look healthy and glowing!
    Good luck with the name decision - that was so stressful to me. I have no recommendations but I trust you will find one that is equally as beautiful as Q and B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We have finally settled on a few that we like for each gender and we'll wait to meet the baby to make our final decision.

      Delete
  3. I love that I'm two weeks late reading this because that means you have only about THREE WEEKS LEFT!!!!

    Girl names I love: Ruth, Tess, Hannah, Sutton, Annie, hmmmm I think that's about it. (looked up names from a note I kept on my phone when pregnant with Mary)
    Our boy names were mostly family names, but I love the name Wesley. Mary would have been Branson Cale (Branson is my middle name).

    Gosh I am so excited for you. Anxiously awaiting HAPPY NEWS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - so very soon at this point. 2 weeks to go.

      Oooh, fun name ideas. Sutton and Tess are on our list. Interesting about Cale as the middle name. We've been talking about Quinn as a middle name if we have a girl (or a boy, I suppose). I may need to email you separately to get your thoughts :)

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS